Soil Steaming is the disinfection method to exterminate pests and diseases by injecting the latent heat contained in steam (539kcal/kg) into the soil to raise the soil temperature. The steam latent heat injected into the soil forms an undulatory high-temperature region from the heat injecting point and expands to the entire soil by continuous feed of steam.
This undulatory high-temperature region is called the heat front, and its formation pattern can be changed by the type of attachment.
- There is no toxicity and no injury to men and beasts / peripheral crop plants.
- Most of all harmful insects and weeds can be cleaned in addition to pathogenic bacteria.
- If the soil temperature decreases to normal temperature,settled planting / seeding can be carried out soon.
- The disinfecting effect can be evaluated by measuring the soil temperature.
- Rock wool, styrene panels for solution culture, pots, and tools etc. can be disinfected.
- You can reduce the energy for preparation and cleaning-up by using our “Light Hose (patented).”